To embark on a global initiative through art to connect with 1 billion people worldwide and scale up digital connectivity to ensure equitable access to remote learning for all children and youth in the world.
Under the patronage and in the presence of His Excellency Sheikh Nahayan Mabarak Al Nahayan, Cabinet Member, Minister of Tolerance and Coexistence; Dubai Cares, Atlantis, The Palm and world-renowned artist Sacha Jafri launch the “Humanity Inspired” initiative, which will witness the creation of Jafri’s world-record breaking painting to connect 1 billion people through art amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
This charitable initiative aims to raise more than AED 110 million (USD 30 million) to connect with 1 billion people worldwide, and support Dubai Cares and its partners, which once completed will be sectioned into 60 panels for sale and auction. The goal is to sell the individual pieces through a Live Charity Auction taking place at Atlantis, The Palm. The funds raised will provide vital funding for the continued and uninterrupted education of those who have been most affected by COVID-19.
When & Where:
From April to August 2020, Sacha Jafri will be making the Atlantis, The Palm, his home as he converts its ballroom into one of the biggest art studios on the planet.
He has been inviting children from across the globe to ‘Paint the World a Different Colour’. These individual Works of Art will be pasted to the canvas, inside huge circular portals painted by Jafri, which will show the window to a better future through the eyes of our Creator’s greatest gift. The Child.
- Sacha Jafri
- Dubai Cares
- Atlantis, The Palm
- Global Gift Foundation
- UAE Ministry of Tolerance and Coexistence
- UAE Ministry of Education
- Dubai Tourism: Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing
- Dana Holdings
- Four Seasons Ramesh Gallery
Humanity Inspired aims to break 5 artistic all-time world records:
- The largest single acrylic painting ever created on canvas by a single artist: (100meters by 12meters)
- The largest painting to ever hang at The Louvre, Abu Dhabi: (6.77meters by 9.9meters)
- The largest oil painting ever created on canvas: (61.49 Square Meters)
- The largest painting ever to hang in a frame (Dubai Frame): (20meters by 14meters)
- The largest painting to have ever been auctioned: (20meters by 10meters)
"Humanity Inspired" supports connectivity by:
- Supporting GIGA which aims to generate concrete examples of what works and what does not work and bring together a platform of Internet Service Providers (ISPs), software companies, along with potential donors and investors
- Supports the UNESCO’s Global Education Coalition for COVID-19 Response which aims to provide immediate, coordinated and efficient support to countries facing education disruptions due to the pandemic
- Being in line with the Declaration of Digital Connectivity which aims to ensure that learning is uninterrupted by engaging affected countries, donors as well as the private sector in order to reduce the digital divide and ultimately help achieve SDG 4.