This Ramadan, Dubai Cares will give the UAE community the opportunity to build a simulated classroom through their donations, a symbolic way allowing people to experience first-hand what their contributions can achieve for children in the developing world. The Dubai Mall visitors can participate in Dubai Cares interactive stand in the Star Atrium from June 30th to July 19th, 2014.
Part of Dubai Cares ‘What If?’ Ramadan campaign this year, the classroom will serve as a symbol of the change the organization is instigating in 35 countries around the globe through the support of the UAE community. The ‘brick by brick’ construction process of the classroom will take place every time a AED 50 donation is made at the stand.
In addition, the contributors will have the opportunity to leave personalized messages on the bricks as part of the classroom building exercise. Visitors to the stand who make donations will also be able to get their pictures taken while participating in the activity. Pictures will be pinned on a photo wall at the stand and hard copies will be handed to participants as souvenirs. The activity also features a kids’ area where children can paint and pin their artwork onto a dedicated wall around the activity.
Dubai Cares has created a custom hashtag - #whatif - for its Ramadan campaign and encourages the UAE community to spread the word through social media platforms in order to increase awareness and donations.
Visitors to The Dubai Mall can make donations to Dubai Cares at the stand from June 30th to July 19th, and the UAE community at large can also get involved in Dubai Cares Ramadan campaign by:
- Donating via SMS by sending the word "donation" to 9030, 9090, 9300, 9600 and 9900 to donate AED 30, AED 90, AED 300, AED 600 or AED 900 respectively through our Official Telecom Partner etisalat
- Donating via SMS by sending the codes (TB) or (CW) to the above numbers to donate the respective amounts (for Meraas Properties visitors at The Beach and Citywalk)
- Donating AED 50,000 and becoming Dubai Cares Ramadan Campaign Patron
- Donating AED 5 or more to your purchase at any of Landmark Group’s retail outlets
- Posting a photo of your Kiri dish on Instagram with the hashtag #kirifeeds; Kiri will make a donation to Dubai Cares
- Instant Cash Discount Coupon offers produced by Integral Shopper and distributed through all Lulu stores in U.A.E; AED 1 will be donated to Dubai Cares for 1 coupon redeemed in your store
- Buying the "Gift of Giving" magnets from Chalhoub Group UAE stores where proceeds will be donated to Dubai Cares
- Buying coffee from Circle K outlets where a percentage of proceeds will be donated to Dubai Cares. You can also round up your bill and donate your change to Dubai Cares
- Purchasing Gold Islamic Dinar coins from Gold Holding where a percentage will be donated to Dubai Cares
- Clicking “like” on Champion Cleaners Facebook page; Champion Cleaners will donate AED 1 to Dubai Cares for every “like”
- Participating in the charity event organized by UAE Financial Markets Association on Tuesday, July 15, where various items will be auctioned off and proceeds will be donated to Dubai Cares
- Using discount coupons from Unilever to redeem 5 dirhams that can be donated to Dubai Cares
- Making online donations at www.dubaicares.ae
- Conducting personal fundraising activities in support of Dubai Cares through www.justgiving.com/dubaicares. “Just Giving” is an online charity platform where people can raise money for a cause
- Making a direct financial donation through bank deposit to Dubai Cares account or with a cheque addressed to Dubai Cares
- Dropping their contributions at donation boxes placed in various locations throughout Dubai