Anchored by tutorial-style ‘how to’ videos presenting the unique capabilities these children have gained within their environments over the years, each campaign video concludes with a message urging the community to empower the children by teaching them to read – providing them with education - through donating to Dubai Cares programs during the holy month of Ramadan.
Since its inception in 2007, Dubai Cares has changed the lives of more than 13 million children in 39 developing countries around the world. Built on the vision of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Dubai Cares believes that education is one of the most effective tools to break the cycle of poverty.
Your donation helps us bring that vision to life by building schools, providing safe water sources, feeding school children, training teachers, and much more. Yet, the true impact of your contribution is providing children with the opportunity to grow and achieve their potential.
The campaign also features the organization's biggest social media campaign to date - #IsFor. It drives the creation of the first Instagram Alphabet book with the support of the UAE community. Residents of the UAE and people around the world are encouraged to post photographs of objects whose words start with each letter of the alphabet, such as an image of an apple and a description of "A #IsFor Apple" or an image of a bike "B #IsFor Bike" or a picture of a train "T #IsFor Train", while also tagging #DubaiCares. As the campaign comes to an end, Dubai Cares will collate many of the images along with the profile pictures and usernames of the users who shared them in an Instagram Alphabet book, which will be distributed in English, Arabic and French in some of the organization's beneficiary countries.
The organization's annual mall activity at The Dubai Mall is also supporting the creation of the book, giving shoppers a convenient way to donate during Ramadan. Join us at the Waterfall Atrium at The Dubai Mall from June 16 to July 6, to learn more about the campaign and participate directly in teaching children to read.
The campaign this year received support from a number of Patrons that included – Al Barari, Al Tayer Group, CitiBank, Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA), Dubai Investments, First Gulf Bank, Majid Al Futtaim, Lulu Hypermarket, Paris Gallery, Schön Properties, and Societe Generale Group - with each making a direct financial pledge to Dubai Cares. It also received the generous support of Zainal Mohebi Holdings, who sponsored Dubai Cares Ramadan Campaign TV commercial as well as the support of Emirates Islamic, which sponsored this year's mall activity at The Dubai Mall. Other campaign supporters included Arabian Radio Network (ARN), Choithrams, Etisalat, Hills Advertising, Integral Shopper, J. Walter Thompson (JWT), Jive Events, Jumeirah Group, Landmark Group, Modhesh World, Mindshare, Muddville Productions, Nando's, Oasis Water, Optimum Media Direction (OMD), The Dubai Mall and Vox Cinemas.
How can you support?
1. Donating via SMS by sending the word "donation" to 9030, 9090, 9300, 9600 and 9900 to donate AED 30, AED 90, AED 300, AED 600 or AED 900 respectively through our Official Telecom Partner Etisalat
2. Donating at our mall activity at the Waterfall Atrium in The Dubai Mall from June 16 to July 6
3. Adding AED 5 or more to your purchase at any of Landmark Group's retail outlets
4. For every AED 100 and AED 250 Gift Card sold at Centrepoint during Ramadan, Centrepoint will donate AED 1 and AED 2 respectively to Dubai Cares
5. For every product carrying a Red sticker bought at any of Choithrams' supermarkets, Choithrams will be donating a percentage of proceeds to Dubai Cares
6. With every Instant Cash Discount Coupon by Integral Shopper that is redeemed at any of the Lulu stores in the UAE; AED 1 will be donated to Dubai Cares
7. Ordering the "All Together Now Platters" at any of Nando's restaurants throughout the UAE where the entire proceeds from the sale of these platters will be donated to Dubai Cares
8. Purchasing an Oasis water bottle during the month of Ramadan will help provide clean drinking water to children in developing countries
9. For every room booked during Ramadan at Burj Al Arab, Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Jumeirah Emirates Towers, Jumeirah Al Qasr, Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf and Jumeirah Mina A'Salam hotel, Jumeirah Group will donate AED 10 to Dubai Cares
10. Buying the "Gift of Giving" pins from Chalhoub Group stores in the UAE where proceeds will be donated to Dubai Cares
11. When you click "like" on Champion Cleaners Facebook page; Champion Cleaners will donate AED 1 to Dubai Cares
12. Making online donations at www.dubaicares.ae
13. Conducting personal fundraising activities in support of Dubai Cares through www.justgiving.com/dubaicares. "Just Giving" is an online charity platform where people can raise money for a cause
14. Making a direct financial donation through bank deposit to Dubai Cares' account or with a cheque addressed to Dubai Cares
15. Dropping their contributions at donation boxes placed in various locations throughout Dubai
Back to listing